The Leaders for Geelong Program, now in its 16th year, is designed to build regional leadership capacity to shape a better future for our region. This is a community leadership program and is different from executive leadership programs.
The benefit for emerging leaders in participating in this program is that it takes place via flexible delivery methods, provides opportunity for authentic professional and personal development, and unique access to the region’s most revered leaders and facilitators.
The 2021-22 Leaders for Geelong Program will be offered via a blended-delivery format. The program consists of face-to-face and online workshops and seminars, with elements of assessment, leadership coaching and experiential learning that align with leadership fundamentals and outcomes.
- The 2021 Leaders for Geelong Program is a 15-month program featuring behavioural assessments, workshops and seminars, and a community-based action project.
- Program content is aligned to leadership fundamentals and regional priorities.
70% Informal Learning – 20% Social Learning – 10% Formal Learning. Structured training delivers a set of knowledge and skills via in-practice learning for emerging community leaders.
- Practical application through experiential work is required on the co-designed community projects that are aligned to regional priorities.
- Participants will have access to a range of the region’s most well-renowned and respected leaders and thinkers and through this exposure, consider issues relevant to the region and what kind of leader they want to be.
- Leadership is not precluded by age – the Leaders for Geelong Program welcomes a diversity of applicants from all ages and backgrounds.
There are currently 4 scholarship opportunities available:
Hugh Williamson Scholarship
Committee for Geelong Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Scholarship
Agriculture Victoria Scholarship
To apply, please click below or contact Leadership Portfolio Business Coordinator Vicki Strachan for more information, ph: 5247 9512 or email email@example.com.